He finished our back patio with pavers and edging around the grass. This entailed Chelsea (and a few others) having to move 10 tons of dirt from the front to the back to build up half the patio so that it would all be level. It also meant Jon and I had to move 5 pallets of brick pavers from our driveway where they were delivered, and walk them around the house to the back. That was not my favorite thing to do. But it's so beautiful now and we have more room to eat out yummy dinners at sunset! I also recovered our table chair cushions with a sun-proof fabric so they won't
deteriorate as fast this time!
While I spent 2 1/2 weeks in Cincinnati, Jon spent 2 1/2 weeks getting to know his new power tools/table saw/mitre saw/etc. Our vision was to create a built-in, wall-to-wall desk & cabinets in our office. Can I tell you how excited I was to come home and find it nearly finished? It looks so perfect and is more than what was expected! He even built the cabinet doors to match the style that's already in our kitchen. Jon, wow! I love it, I love it! You are amazing! Thank you for doing all of my projects =)Oh yeah- and he even took care of a little scorpion-spider problem we had on the back patio... thanks hun!



(Okay the last picture is actually a picture I googled just for comparison!



5 comments:
WOWZA! John you can come to Dayton anytime for some projects. Um..Jill that spider made me throw up a little bit!
That's incredible. Jill you are lucky to be married to such a handy-man. You've got great skills Jon.
Wow - great work and amazing use of not much time!! Yuk to the hairy scorpion - I hope you don't see those often.
Jon's AMAZING!! and those spiders are so scary! Hope you're enjoying that patio!
You about had me freakin' out with that last picture Jill. I am proud to say I survived 4 years in AZ without seeing a scorpion...but I did see an abnormally large spider which...me being a wuss...had to call my 65 yr old lady neighbor over to kill. Yeah, Jack and his co-workers got a laugh out of that one.
Post a Comment