Abby bore her testimony for the first time on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. She talked about doing it for 3 days and practiced what she was going to say. I discussed with her what was appropriate to talk about and what was not. I told her that she could only talk about church stuff, not about preschool or her Baby Rae. I also told her that she could not be shy. She had to talk clearly and big and loud into the microphone. So Sacrament Meeting started and there were 2 baby blessings which meant it was crowded. There were at least 200 in attendance. She was so excited to do it, that I decided we had to be the first ones up there if we were going to do it. So we got up there first and Abby did amazing. She stood up on the step, and talked very clearly into the microphone. She was not intimidated or shy. I just knelt down beside her but she knew exactly what she wanted to say and didn’t wait for me to prompt her. This is about what she said. “I’m here to bearing my testimony. I love my primary and teachers. I know when I be quiet the Holy Ghost will come to me. Thank you for Primary. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.” I know there’s one more little line that she said that I’m forgetting, but I was awestruck that she said what she wanted to say completely. When we sat down, the first words out of Parker’s mouth was “Mommy I want to go up there Mommy!” The funny thing is that for the rest of the testimony meeting, she kept leaning over and telling me, “Mommy, that girl isn’t talking about church stuff.” Or “Mommy, why isn’t she talking about church things?” So then I had to explain how helping a boy in a wheel chair is making Jesus happy, etc. I wonder if this was a 1 time thing or if it will continue next month… we’ll see!
2 comments:
what a blessing that she is to you and your family! children really have an understanding that i hope to have someday!
ps - family is beautiful. love the picture in the pink basket!
Your looking so big Abby. You could grow taller than your dad. Hope all is well love the new blog look Keep smiling and have a wonderful school week.
Post a Comment