Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ups & Downs

So with times as unstable as they are at times we have seen it first hand in our family. Over the last couple months we have experienced the joys of Mia being a part of our family and the fun we have with Abby and Parker. Jill and I feel really blessed for the many good experiences we have. Unfortunately with the economic times we have being given some new trials and opportunities. At this time my company has had to do significant cut backs. We used to say that they had already cut employees down to the marrow so we thought we were safe but now they are chopping off some limbs. Unfortunately I happen to be one of the limbs. With the construction field being very unstable we're weighing out all of our options to find the best course to pursue. I can't say that it's been fun to lose my job, this is the first time I've ever experienced something like this in my life. However, we are finding that where one door closes another is sure to open. We're not sure what that door is right now but we'll figure it out. Even at this time we are very thankful that I had a good job as long as I did. We are grateful this is not as big of a trial as what others might face. It's an experience for sure, we'll just see where life takes us.

11 comments:

Anja said...

I'm so sorry you lost your job. From first hand experience, I can tell you this, your family will be better because of it, and your faith will grow more than you ever thought it could. After 6 months of Tim being unemployed, we have learned so much together and it's made our family closer. We've been blessed in so many ways, I can't even begin to count them all. I hope you guys can stick through it, and stay close to each other and Heavenly Father. On a lighter note, I'm coming to AZ this weekend for awhile, maybe we can get together, have a picnic or something, let the kids run around. I'd love to see that new baby of yours!

The Moore Family said...

You guys have great perspective. We will keep you in our prayers.

Kristen said...

Wow, I'm so sorry for you guys. That's rough. Dean lost his job 2 years after we got married when Nathaniel was 10 months and we had just found out I was prego with #2. But like you said, though it's hard too see at times, it will work out and you'll end up where you are supposed to be. Good luck.

erin said...

my uncle in nm is in construction and just lost his job as well - i just hope and pray that you will find that other door or window soon!

Tristen said...

John, good luck! You are going to do great and you are talented and resourceful and you guys will make do. It will probably be discouraging and scary for a while, but I think that after these things always come the hugest blessings and most exciting changes, so we'll stay tuned to see where you guys eventually go. But good luck and we'll be thinking about you guys!

Jaimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I know your fantastic attitude and faith will bless you in the end. We will be praying that the Lord will guide you through the next door.

Brook and Jason :) said...

Let me just say, I think you guys are AMAZING! And don't worry... when I come to visit I'll make all your worries and problems DISAPPEAR! :) GET EXCITED!!!

Melanie Peterson said...

So sorry to hear about this Jon. You are in our prayers.

Jonathan and Shannon said...

Wow--sorry to hear about this. We know what you're going through and can tell you that you're going to get through it just fine. On a lighter note, love the pics of the kids! Congrats on the recent addition--you have a beautiful family. We just recently started a blog and have been having fun finding out about past friends through links from other blogs. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Oh, that stinks. Sorry you guys.

Lutgen's said...

JON I AM SORRY YOU LOST YOUR JOB OUR PRAYER ARE WITH YOU THAT YOU FIND SOME WORK SOON. TSKE CARE AND ENJOT THE KIDS WHILE YOU HAVE THE TIME OFF. LOVE TO ALL.