Friday, September 26, 2008

a walking disaster

Parker has been a bit accident prone lately (he gets it from his father). So to further explain this, beginning last Wednesday he has acquired the following battle wounds...
1. Puncture Wound on back of head: Fell off Park Picnic Bench into protruding screw
2. 4" bruise on abdomen: Fell off kitchen chair onto booster seat
3. Bruise on forehead: Fell over slide at park
4. Cut Lip: ?it's a mystery, but it probably happened at the park
5. Goose-egg on back of head: Fell off kitchen stool
6. Swollen toe: Ant bites at the park, for which he is currently soaking in the bath

I realize that 4 of the 6 items could have been prevented had we not moved across the street from this wonderful park. On a positive note, we only ended up at the Urgent Care once for item number 1, and still no stiches, staples, or glue!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Where is child Protective Services? Poor child. That's what you get for bein' a boy. I remember that James Dobson said in his book "Brining Up Boys". He said that for the first 8 years, we are just trying to keep them alive. What a cutie.

Jaimi said...

I had the same thought process as Kristen--suprised CPS hasn't shown up at your door! (:

Wilson Family said...

i'm thinking maybe he should take a little break from the park...i don't know?!?!...what do you think???

kimberly said...

wow, that is quite a list of accidents. i'm glad parker is okay.

The Sorensens said...

I always wonder when my first trip to the ER/urgent care involving blood will be. We've been for earaches, flus, all that kind of stuff, but blood? I know time is just ticking. I'm glad Parker is surviving his mishaps :o)